Rolf Structural Integration is a hands on method of bodywork and awareness training that was developed by the biochemist Ida P. Rolf in the period 1940-79. It promotes lasting improvements in posture, balance, range of motion, breathing and overall relaxation. For those recovering from acute or chronic musculoskeletal pain or injury, Rolfing can rapidly restore flexibility and circulation to scar tissue, and improve the function of mis-aligned joints. Athletes, dancers, yoga, tai chi and martial arts practitioners can get treater range of motion, relaxation and improved balance. R olfing can also increase one's ability to feel emotions and energy in the body. In that way in can be an aid to psychotherapy, meditation, or any other practice of increasing awareness and balance. Dr. Rolf designed a series of ten sessions - the Ten Series - which works systematically through all aspects of your musculoskeletal structure, and is the best way to begin your Rolfing experience.
- Trained by Ida Rolf in 1974 and practicing Rolf Structural Integration in the Boston area since 1974
- Advanced training with Rolf Institute in 2005 and certified Advanced Rolfer with the Rolf Institute of Structural Integration
- Certified member of the International Association of Structural Integrators
- Training in cranio-sacral therapy with John Upledger and Edgar Miller
- Trained in Gestalt psychotherapy with Erving and Miriam Polster at the San Diego Gestalt Training Center, and Isadore From, New York Institute for Gestalt Therapy